EMS Care Chapter 02 | Well-Being of the EMT
Well-Being of the EMT – Lessons
We begin EMS Care Chapter 02 | Well-Being of the EMT with an introduction to the subject. We subsequently explore in-depth:
- Lesson 1: The ‘WHAT’ and ‘WHY’ regarding the well-being of an EMT.
- Lesson 2: Stress Management
- Lesson 3: Standard safety Precautions and Protective equipment
- Lesson 4: Work related injuries and its prevention
- Lesson 5: Infectious diseases
- Lesson 6: Caring of the critically ill patients
- Lesson 7: Wellness principles
- Lesson 8: Family Inclusiveness
Core Concepts & Takeaways
- Stress Management
- Safety Standards and protection equipment
- Infectious diseases
- Communication when caring for the injured
- If you only want to take the online course for CME credit, you can pay here. The fee for online-only does NOT include a skills session nor (re)certification. You will receive a certificate for CME credit after successful completion of the course.
- This course is part of the EMT Recertification curriculum and the Initial EMT Course. If you sign up for one of those courses, you will be automatically enrolled in this course. Click here for scheduled courses.
- To get credit for this course, you must watch all the lessons in their entirety, the course review, and pass the quiz at the end with a score of 75% or better.
EMS Care Chapter 2 | Well-Being of the EMT
Lesson 0 – Chapter Introduction03:38
Lesson 1 – The What and Why of the Well-Being of the EMT01:58
Lesson 2a – Stress Management06:33
Lesson 2b – Stress Management08:40
Lesson 3 – Saftey Precautions and PPE07:38
Lesson 4 – Work-Related Injuries22:41
Lesson 5 – Infectious Diseases05:44
Lesson 6 – Caring for Critically Ill Patients01:28
Lesson 7 – Wellness Principles04:32
Lesson 8 – Family Inclusiveness01:41
Lesson 9 – Chapter Review07:43
Well-Being of the EMT
- To get credit for this course, you must watch all the lessons in their entirety and pass the quiz at the end with a score of 75% or better